The CS548 is a 2kV DC isolated channel oscilloscope designed to be useful anywhere isolation and high CMRR are needed – in particular power electronics. Using the CS1200 Digitizer you’ll get >30kV isolation. The CS548 supports – via the CS302 64bit application- Frequency Response Analysis (using the built in isolated signal generator), Protocol decoding, Maths, streaming, Excel and Matlab connectivity, Spectrum Analysis, mixed signal triggering and display.
The CS548 isolated channel oscilloscope is made for measurements in power electronics systems, including on the high side.
It can be used to make measurements of all high side nodes, do EMC measurements, check out start up behaviour, calculate power loss and switching energy, and examine message contents.
We can also supply it with three, two, one or no internal channels, useful if you only require fewer channels or want to use mainly remote channels (CS1200). Please contact us if you would like one of these options.
It is part of a tool set that will do all the things needed to verify your power electronics design, and then test it – as a prototype or in production. It includes:
- A software application, and DLL driver to control between 1 and 4 oscilloscopes as a single 4-16 channel oscilloscope, capable of streaming to hard disk, doing Time and Spectrum, Symbolic Maths, Matlab integration, FRA, Protocol Decoding and Signal Statistics.
Four internal isolated input channels for measurement of signals with a common mode voltage change of 100V/ns at up to 2kV common mode.
- Four remote channel sockets for use with the CS1200 remote Digitizer. The CS1200 is linked by active optical fibre at up to 30m distance for use in high voltage enclosures (up to 30kV common mode).
- Really good resolution (14 bit) with noise free measurement of 1 part in 1300.
- An isolated signal generator, 0-65MHz, (also 100V/ns common mode) to do Frequency Response Analysis (FRA). Use it for stability analysis and gain/phase on working power electronics modules, Impedance measurement of power planes, inputs and outputs, and measurement of inductors and capacitors over frequency.
- Two pod high speed interfaces for I/O expansion.
- Two CS1301 Isolated digital input pods for measuring logic signals with high common mode voltages (1130V DC) – 4 digital inputs each for a total of 8 digital inputs.
- The CS1302 Isolated digital I/O pods is an optional separate purchase for generating up to 4 outputs for double pulse, half or full bridge PWM control or arbitrary pulse sequences. It includes one input pod, and can be used to make an isolated SPI or UART pod. Support for the CS1302 is in the Pulse Builder part of the application.
- Other Pods that are in development and will be available with a free firmware upgrade when completed:
- CS1303 Isolated Current Measurement pod with 4 isolated 16 bit analog channels made for measuring 50mV current shunts.
- CS1304 Isolated Voltage Measurement pod with 4 isolated 16 bit analog channels made for measuring up to 2kV. Used with the CS1303 to form a real-time power analyser.
- CS1305 Log pod with 8 high resolution inputs for logging of slow signals on the Signal Information Logging Screen.
- These support products are useful for saturated transistor voltage measurement and higher power FRA:
- CS1133 Vsat probe pod for measuring mV saturation levels while switching up to 3kV for power loss measurement. It is isolated for high or low side measurements.
- CS1070 50 MHz power amplifier with 36Vpp 1A output for wide bandwidth higher power FRA.