The source measure unit (SMU) is an electronic instrument that is capable of both sourcing and measuring at the same time. It can precisely force voltage or current and simultaneously measure voltage and/or current.
An SMU instrument can source and sink power in all four quadrants.
SMUs are used for test applications requiring high accuracy, high resolution and measurement flexibility. Such applications include I-V characterizing and testing semiconductors and other non-linear devices and materials, where sourcing voltage and current source span across both positive and negative values.To accomplish this, SMUs have four-quadrant outputs.
AC Current Source
- Output current up to 1600Aeff
- Variable output frequency between
500A High Current SMU Family
- Output current up to 500A in pulse mode
25W PXI Source and Measurement Unit
- Up to 25 W power output
- Supports current source
PXI System Power Supply
- CompactPCI system power supply, single output (±10V/±1A, ±20V/±500mA, ±40V/±250mA
Quad System Power Supply
- CompactPCI quad system power supply 10V, 250mA (400mA Option